Lex Equipe has helped file over fifty thousand trademark applications in India and has obtained registration for leading brands.
There are a certain set of documents that need to be signed, scanned and sent to us. The list is given below:
- Signed Form TM 48 which is used to provide indicating attorney with authorization to file your trademark application.
- Identity proof of the trademark owner. It can be PAN card or Passport or Aadhar card.
- Incorporation certificate (if it’s a company or LLP)
- Udyog Aadhaar registration certificate (MSME)- the government fees for trademark filing for companies having Udyog Aadhaar is Rs. 4500/- otherwise, they have to pay Rs. 9000/- to file the application if they do not possess an Udyog Aadhaar.
- Logo if applicable and available.
- Address proof.
- Download and signed copy of the TM Form attached below.
Trademark search will help the availability of a mark and to find if any other similar or identical mark exists. The client can proceed depending on the availability of the mark.
The world intellectual property office (WIPO) has organized all goods & service under 45 classes. The first 35 classes donate products and the rest services.
Business can start using the TM symbol alongside their brand after filling the trademark application. This symbol is NOT indicative of registration.
The (R) mark can be used once the trademark application is approved & registration is complete. The entire process usually takes eight to ten months.